ctsnurses Care Team Solutions
Immediate need for a Nurse Practitioner NP for a fast-growing healthcare tech company that enables medical providers to safely shift advanced medical care from hospitals to patients’ homes.
Location: Boston, MA – NP will work in office and perform in-home visits.
Experience: 2+ Yrs as NP, OR New Grad NP with 3+ yrs exp as RN!
-Shift: 4/10’s- Week Day shifts & every other weekend.
-Full time, permanent position.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) functions as the key clinical decision maker. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) serves as the point of contact for the patients and family in person. Collaborating with the attending Physician in Boston’s Mission Control and the patient’s PCP, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) performs the initial face-to-face evaluation and assessment of potential patient admissions. Upon a patient’s admission to the program, the NP will collaborate with the attending MD and the PCP to develop and implement an acute plan of care in the home
Nurse Practitioner NP Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the triaging of eligible, appropriate patients referred for a potential Madmission facilitated by company guidelines; obtaining additional diagnostic and specialty consultation when needed
- Provides inpatient level acute care in the home setting in collaboration with the home hospital attending MD and RN Care Coordinator
- Sees the patient referral through to completion and provides safe handoffs to the attending and RN Care Coordinators
- Communicates with the patient and family about the MH model, incorporating patient and family values and goals in the plan of care
- Navigates barriers for patients and those within the system to accomplish optimal patient experience and outcomes
- Promotes a collaborative relationship and effort between the attending MDs and professional RN CC staff
- Serves as a role model for professional nursing practice
- Utilizes advanced nursing knowledge to identify, prevent or solve complex and/or recurring patient care problems.
- Writes orders which are in accord with current guidelines. Maintains and practices in accord with practitioner guidelines per state and hospital regulations
- Provides consultation to both nurses and physicians and serves as a resource to staff in area(s) of expertise.
- Supports research efforts to advance knowledge and promotes evidence-based practice.
- Current MA license as an APRN; master’s degree required
- 2 years of NP experience, preferably practicing in an acute setting or ambulatory care setting. Home care or urgent care a plus.
- Experience with continuous quality improvement efforts and development of evidence-based protocols
- Flexible and comfortable with a changing environment and a measure of ambiguity
- Team player who can also work well independently
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality measurement and disease management
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org